Saturday, November 22, 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Hi all! This month I had the opportunity to work on a Mazola Oil campaign. I was given a bottle of Mazola Corn Oil, which to be honest with you I have never tried before. Since I grew up on good ol' veggie oil, I find myself venturing away from other oils for fear that they would taste different. I was totally willing to give it a try and am glad I had the chance, since I know I probably would have never done it on my own. 

The first thing I made with my new oil were these yummy cookies. Peanut Butter, Chocolate AND oatmeal! How could they not be good! I followed the recipe almost to the T except I did my fork marks with my fork dipped in flour instead of sugar, as other said they were enough sweet without it. We loved these cookies straight from the oven as they were warm and soft. They are a pretty crunchy firm cookie once they cooled. I took the majority of them to work and left them on the break table. Sometime between 8 am and my lunch they managed to all be eaten! '

Since then, I have used my corn oil numerous times with excellent results. If you haven't given corn oil a try, I highly suggest you do. I mean come on, it's made from CORN! You can find the cookie recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment