Friday, August 23, 2013

Beef Bulgogi

My good friends Lynn and Shannon came to dinner last night (I even got flowers :-)

Great food, great wine, great company!  What more can a girl ask for!
 We love this Beef Bulgogi recipe from Allrecipes.  I highly recommend marinading it overnight.  We used skirt steak since apparently it is really hard to find a flank steak where I live. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side on a very hot grill (we are medium rare kinda girls)  So flavorful!
 White Rice - I usually cook my rice in the rice cooker, but since I saw someone do it this way I can't seem to go back.  This works for any amount but I did 2 cups rice, 4 cups chicken broth, 2 T butter and some white pepper.  Bring to a boil on the stove, turn down and simmer until the liquid has evaporated enough that the rice on top is dry and steam holes have formed (I stir it a few times in the beginning)  Cover, turn down as low as you can and let sit for 10 minutes.  It makes a really fluffy flavorful rice.
Lawnmower Salad.  I will definitely be making this again.    The only change I made was adding half a bag of broccoli slaw with half a bag of TriSlaw which had cabbage, carrots, and broccoli slaw in it.  I also only added one bag of ramen instead of the two it called for.  Highly recommend this!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beef-Bulgogi/?prop31=3
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lawn-Mower-Salad/?prop31=3

No comments:

Post a Comment