Friday, July 5, 2013

Cheesy Spicy Chicken Sandwich

T
Those who know me know I am not much of a breakfast person.  I know it's the most important meal of the day, but my body just does not feel like consuming food the moment I get up in the morning. Usually around 10 o'clock is when I really start to get hungry,  
and one of my favorite things to eat is sandwiches!  I love making them at home and it's usually what I order at restaurants when I go out to breakfast or lunch. 
This sandwich here is one probably up in the top 10 of sandwiches I make.  I found the original recipe a few years ago on Allrecipes.com. At the time I didn't have the right seasoning it called for in the sauce so I had to adapt.  I actually have never tried it the original way because this way is so good!

Here is the list of ingredients:

Sourdough bread
Chicken
Cheddar Cheese
Bacon, diced
Caesar Dressing
Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Pepper
Butter for grilling

Butter one side of each slice of bread.  Top bread with cheese, chicken and bacon bits (shown in picture). Lightly salt and pepper the chicken.  Grill sandwich in skillet or panini maker.  Meanwhile, take about 1 Tbsp Caesar dressing (I like Marie's the best) and add 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, stir.  When sandwich is toasted and cheese melted, open sandwich and add dressing.  Close sandwich and serve. You can adjust the cayenne according to taste.  

I hope you give it a try!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment