Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pork Tenderloin in Pan Sauce

I don't remember having pork much as a kid along with other foods that I have grown to love since like Chinese, Greek and Thai.  Last year I made an amazing discovery, PORK TENDERLOIN. It pains me to know that I have been missing out on eating this wonderful cut of meat my whole entire life!  I usually grill my pork tenderloin but was looking for something different when I found this recipe on Pinterest. My friend Suz was coming over to watch Les Miserables with me in the afternoon, and I knew I could talk her into staying for dinner!   
I marinated the pork for about 6 hours then cooked as directed until my thermometer reached 150 degrees (do NOT overcook pork).  While the meat was resting (tented) I whipped up a box (yes a box) of rice pilaf then made the sauce for the tenderloin. Instead of saving the 3 tablespoons of the marinade as the recipe states for the sauce, I just added what was left in the bag the meat marinated in (marinade police be warned).  I simmered it for about 10 minutes with the chicken stock than added the tsp Tbsp of butter. This recipe was amazing, it had great flavor, and was soooo tender it melted in your mouth. It is easy enough to serve on a week night to your family but elegant enough to serve at a dinner party!

Here is the link to the recipe:
http://simpledinners.blogspot.com/2013/04/pork-tenderloin-with-pan-sauce.html

Enjoy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment