Monday, July 1, 2013

Chicken Lazone

Well, no one came to dinner tonight so it was just the two of us, but now we have leftovers for tomorrow which is never a bad thing!  Since this is officially my first day of summer break, and I had A LOT of free time today, I decided on this tasty looking chicken dish I saved on one of my Pinterest boards.  I made the chicken seasoning as the recipe stated, but added half paprika in place of half of the chili powder.  The flavor was different but good. I also sauteed the chicken in half butter and half olive oil instead of all butter.  After the chicken was cooked, I sauteed onions and a bit of garlic in the saucepan before adding the cream and additional butter.  After tasting the sauce I thought the flavor was very bland.  I ended up adding salt, pepper, and a little red pepper flakes.    I think if I ever made it again I would add some sun dried tomatoes as well.   

Here is the link to the original recipe.

http://www.plainchicken.com/2013/05/chicken-lazone.html#more

Enjoy!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment